Pair it with
Masi Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked, drained of fat and chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 10 oz. penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Add half the bacon to the pan and mix together. Add half and half and bring to a boil. Mix in peas and Parmesan and reduce to a simmer. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss mixture with cooked pasta. To serve, add to bowls and top with chicken tenders, extra bacon and grated Parmesan.