Make it with
Goslings Black Seal
Pair it with
Bobcaygeon Foliage Autumn Ale
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
Add apples to a large bowl and top with lemon zest and juice, ginger, rum and granulated sugar. Mix thoroughly to combine (until the apples are coated).
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix until fully combined.
Pour apples into a greased baking pan and spread oat mixture on top. Bake at 350 ÅãF for about 45 minutes or until golden.