Make it with
INSTANT POT® Vodka Bolognese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb. mild Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup roasted peppers, chopped
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato paste
- 1 jar (15 oz) tomato sauce
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
In your instant pot, select the sauté function and add olive oil. Add ground beef and sausage and cook until browned. Stir in garlic and peppers and stir. Mix in uncooked pasta, water and vodka. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste and sauce. Stir it all together.
Secure the pressure-cooking lid with your vent closed. Select the manual function and set your time for 5 minutes. Select the pressure button and choose low pressure. Seal the vent.
When your cooking is done turn the instant pot off and use the quick release. Your pasta should be completely cooked but not mushy. If it needs a few more minutes, hit the sauté function and cook until you’re happy with the noodles.
Serve in bowls topped with grated parmesan cheese.